You have to love the adorable things kids say, and the lessons they can teach you. Here are two recent conversations I had to post...
Situation #1:
A few weeks ago when we were in Kansas Seth, Abby and I had the chance to hang out with our good friends Rich & Allison. They have 3 very cute children. We got to spend time with their oldest 2 before we moved, but Camryn was born after we were gone. It was so fun to see how cute she is. She is full of personality and says the cutest things.
Conversation 1:
Camryn: "I am small right now"
Seth: "Yeah but you are going to be big"
Camryn: "Yeah, right now I am this little" (holding her finger & thumb approx 1/2 in. apart)
Lisa: "oh"
Camryn: "Yeah but I am going to get bigger and bigger until I am as big as God"
HOW CUTE!
Situation #2
I think I have the cutest nephew in the whole world. He loves his uncle Seth. He wants to grow up to be just like him. A couple of weeks ago his grandma (my mom) was watching him and that is when this next conversation happened.
Conversation 2:
Trevor: "Grandma, You know God is bigger than the tree."
Grandma: "Yes, Trevor God is bigger than the tree."
Trevor: "and Grandma, God is bigger than the airplane."
Grandma: "Yes, Trevor, God is bigger than the airplane."
Trevor: "And Grandma, God is bigger than the sky."
Grandma: "Yes, Trevor, God is bigger than the sky."
Trevor: "But Grandma, God's not bigger than Uncle Seth."
Grandma: "Uh... no Trevor, God IS bigger than Uncle Seth."
Trevor: "Oh… Grandma, God is bigger than Uncle Seth."
(I just love that apparently in my nephews eyes Uncle Seth is bigger than a tree, airplane and the sky!!)
I laugh every time I think about these two stories, but last night it really hit me. How big is my God? I don't usually post my "deep thoughts," but right now Seth and I have a few friends going through some really tough times. They are all going through very different challenges, but they all are in a place where they have to ask themselves that question. Is God really bigger than what they are facing. It breaks my heart to hear about their struggles, but as I pray for each of them daily, my prayer is that they will see that God IS bigger than what they are going through.
Whether it is problems in your marriage, your job, your health or a struggle with your children, lucky for us, God is bigger than Camryn is ever going to be, and yes believe it or not He is even bigger than uncle Seth! I just love when God uses two 3 year olds to teach such a big lesson.
1 comment:
Love it. Totally love this post. And not just because it mentions my adorable daughter. But because it talks about something simple that we all tend to forget so easily. God is big. Bigger than we can ever know. And he holds everything in his hands. Such simple concepts, but many times we think we are smarter than God, and that there must be a better solution than what He is doing. Why can't we just trust Him?
Anyway, much love to ya.
Post a Comment