Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Surprise!!!

So my husband came home from work this morning and walked in the front door. This was the first clue that he was up to something, he NEVER comes in the front door. He walks in and says "I brought home a surprise for you!" This was the second clue that he was up to something, he NEVER brings home surprises. He tells me it is in the back yard and to come look. As I am walking to the back door our dog goes to the door and starts barking. Clue number 3, Aura NEVER barks. I timidly look in the back yard and don't see anything, so I open the door and lean out and over by the back gate this is what I see...






















I guess one of his buddies found the dog this morning and they couldn't take it to the shelter at the time. So, my husband who used to bring home coffee from work, now apparently has moved on to bringing home dogs!!

The dog is a great dog. He got along great with Aura. They had fun playing together. Here is a short video of them playing.




He has a new collar (no tags though) and is well taken care of, so we are hoping that his family is looking for him. We took him down to the Animal shelter and got his information so we can call and check up on him and make sure someone comes to pick him up. We would love to keep him if nobody claims him, but I don't think I could handle another dog in my life. I guess we both have a weakness for being dog rescuers. (We got Aura when her previous owner joined the Army and since he couldn't take her to boot camp, He had to find someone to take her. She would have made a great soldier don't you think). So if nobody claims him we will work hard to find someone to adopt him because if we can't I might go crazy...

Thanks for the surprise babe, maybe next time you could bring me home a nice tall decaf Caramel Macchiato stirred!

1 comment:

The Johnson Family said...

Are you kidding me?!?!? He is pretty cute! Just please don't end up like my grandma. You know what I mean :)