Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Sweetest Sound on Earth!

Today has been a rough day. My poor baby is sick. She had a rough night last night that led to a rough day today. She isn't sleeping well because she is all stuffed up, so needless to say I am not sleeping well either. Just when I thought I was going to loose my mind, I heard it... the sweetest sound on earth. That sound of a baby giggling! Abby had her first real giggle tonight! She has been smiling for awhile, and boy does she like to make noises, but this was the first time that I heard a real giggle. It made all the screams and crying worth it. I worked hard for that giggle and only got her to do it one more time before I put her down for the night, but it was worth it. Now it is off to bed to try to get a little sleep before she wakes up...

1 comment:

Allison said...

Awww, I know how hard that is the first time they get sick, they work so hard to eat, and when they are sleeping you're always worried...can she breath?? That is so cool that she laughed for you, you are right that is the best sound ever, a baby's laugh. Too cute!