As I was looking at the calendar this morning making sure I put all Abby's new milestones on it, I was reminded of the importance of this week for Seth and me. Monday was the Marine Corps Birthday. I know that may not seem like a big deal, but as I have heard so many times from so many Marines or former Marines, "Once a Marine, Always a Marine." Seth had guys call him on Monday just to say Happy Birthday...

Today is Veterans Day. This day means so much to me now. I am forever grateful to all the men and women who have served our country. Three years ago this holiday took on an even greater meaning for me. It was three years ago today Seth returned from serving in Iraq. Words can not express the feeling that I felt the minute I saw him walking through the airport. You can tell by the smile that was plastered on my face! Thanks for serving babe, and especially thanks for coming home safe!!

Then tomorrow is our four year anniversary! It is amazing to think that it has been four years already. So much has happened in such a short time. I remember the day we were married and I would do it all over again! I am so blessed to have an amazing husband/soldier/ father and best friend. Wow, four years. We have only just begun!! I can't wait to grow old with you! I LOVE YOU BABE!

No comments:
Post a Comment