
All my life I have been a "hometown fan." I have always believed no matter how good your team is you have to be a fan of the team in your city. I remember when the Cardinals came to town. I was pretty young and immediately became a fan. They have not made it easy to be a fan. I used to get so sick of players coming here and doing nothing, then going to a different team and being a star. So through the frustration, I remained a fan. Since they came here I have lived in California, Colorado, and Kansas. No matter where I was living, my heart always remained in Arizona, so when people would ask who my team was I would always tell them my number one team was the Cardinals, followed by the "hometown team" of where I was living. I have to confess, I really struggled in Colorado and never really gave much allegiance to the Broncos (good thing I only lived there a year). I took a lot of slack being a Cardinals fan, it wasn't easy, but I had to root for my Cards. Since moving back to Arizona every season when the Cardinals won their first game I would say "watch out, the Cardinals are going to the Super Bowl this year." So hey it only took me a few years to get it right, but THE CARDINALS ARE IN THE SUPER BOWL!! It's about time. GO CARDS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment