Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Abbyisms...




This girl kills me! Everyday she makes me smile, laugh out loud, and well... want to pull my hair out! Luckily we experience the first two (smiles and laughs) more than the last. I can't believe how fast she is growing up. I never want to forget some of our favorite ways she makes us laugh, so here is Abby in a nutshell at age 2:

I wish I could have a recording of all of these, because to hear her say it is priceless...

"wook it" = look it
Sometimes it seems like we hear this about 100 times a day with all the things she wants us to look at...

"Waddy" = water
She loves water! She loves taking baths, driving by lakes or ponds, swimming in it, drinking it, anytime she sees it she is sure to point it out to you!!

"Buddy" = Logan
When Logan was a newborn and would cry Seth & I would sometimes say "it's ok buddy, don't cry" well Abby couldn't say Logan, so from the time he was born if you asked her, that was his name. She has just recently started sometimes calling him Logan.

"it's coming!"
Said with incredible excitement as she is sitting on the toilet about to have a BM... yeah don't we all get that excited for that???

"another one!"
Again said with the same excitement while having a BM...

"wanna see Uncle"
said while pointing to the computer. She doesn't talk much when we are on Skype, but she sure loves it and asks about it every time she sees the computer. She sometimes asks to see other people when pointing to the computer, but mostly just "Uncle"

2, 4, 6, 9 10 (9, 10 said very quickly)
This one took a little while to figure out. I finally realized that when we count with her we say 1, she says 2, us 3, her 4, us 5, her 6, us 7, then she is apparently not a fan of 8 because she then yells nine ten! We are working on this one...

"copy" = coffee
She LOVES to sit and watch her dad make "copy" everyday.

"Kiss it better"
everything is better after a kiss :)

"Bebo" = duck
This one also took me a few days to figure out because it didn't seem to make sense. Then one night I was reading the Sandra Boynton book about belly buttons before she went to bed. In the book they call their belly buttons "bebo" but every page that says "bebo" has a picture of a rubber ducky, so she now refers to all ducks as "bebo."

"I pretty"
It is good to know our daughter doesn't have a self esteem problem! We must hear her say this at least 20 times a day!

There are a few more things Abby LOVES
Dogs (the bigger the better!)
Dancing (this girl has got some moves!!)
Starbucks (yep daddy has her trained already! She has to get a water every time we go!)
Computers (it is funny to watch her play with a computer acting like she knows exactly what she is doing...)
Screwdrivers (If you ask her ANYTHING can be fixed with a screwdriver and some new batteries!)
Cows/horses (you can't drive past a field with cows or horses without her letting you know!)
Tractors (any construction type vehicle is a tractor to her and she loves them)

And her favorite thing right now has to be airplanes! Taking her to the airport to see them take off or land, sitting on the tarmac or flying in the sky is the coolest thing in the world for her!

There is so much more that we love about this girl and so much more that makes us laugh. I am sure there will be plenty more Abbyisms posts to come! I pray she never loses her passion for life and the little things!

No comments: