Thursday, April 1, 2010

Love Languages

A long time ago I read the book Love Languages by Gary Chapman. He talks about how we all show and receive love in 5 possible ways, or languages.

Gary Chapman describes the 5 Love Languages as:
1. Words of Affirmation - including Encouragement and Kindness.
2. Quality Time - giving your undivided attention via Quality Conversation and Quality Activities
3. Gifts - anything from trinkets to gifts of yourself.
4. Acts of Service - showing love by being helpful.
5. Physical Touch - including sex, casual touch, massage.


From a very young age it was clear that my number one love language is physical touch. I was ALWAYS a child who loved to cuddle. My mom's friends would often comment about how I was always sitting on my mom's lap. I was lucky enough to marry a man who is also a cuddler. I always wondered what our children's love language would be. Abby is a VERY active child and doesn't usually hold still long enough to really cuddle. The only time we would get to cuddle with her is when you are putting her to bed or when she first wakes up. Well it is beginning to look like one of Abby's love language might be Physical touch too... Any time she is not on the go she wants to be sitting on your lap. It doesn't matter if you already have something on your lap and there is not room for her.

Boy does she love her brother!!!
She also can be a bit dramatic with the "CHEESE"
not too sure how he feels about it...

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hi Lisa! I'm so glad I checked your blog...I LOVE all your new posts and pictures!The picture of you, Seth, and Abby at the wedding is BEYOND adorable!! All I can say is you and Seth are SOOOO VERY cute together!!!:)

I cannot believe how big Logan has gotten since we last saw you! I LOVE these pictures of Abby and Logan together...You and Seth make such ADORABLE and sweet kids!!! :)